Our Introduction to Ice Climbing Course is the perfect one-day introductory course covering all the basics of ice climbing. Our highly trained guides will lead the group to one of the many great ice climbing venues we have to offer. The course will usually take place in Rocky Mountain National Park, but the exact location will be decided by our guide after they are able to assess the weather, conditions, group dynamics and group size.
Learn all about ice-climbing in this introductory course.You’ll climb a lot, for in this sport more than most, practice makes perfect and practice keeps you warm!
Skills covered on this course include:
- Techniques for climbing, belaying and rappelling on ice
- Developing a natural and efficient swing with ice tools
- Developing an accurate and efficient kick
- How to stay warm and comfortable!
- Proper equipment selection
Ability to hike ~1 mile in snowshoes
8:00am - 4:00pm