Our two-day Leading Ice course teaches you techniques to become a solid leader on water ice. This course is based out of beautiful Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado. We start with a thorough review of ice protection and anchors and work up to placing these and other types of protection while leading. You’ll also learn how to maximize efficiency and minimize risk. Learn to lead ice under the watchful eye of an experienced guide. You’ll be glad you did.
Learn all about leading on ice in this two-day detailed course. Topics Include:
- Learn proper and efficient placement of ice screws
- Practice building V-threads
- Learn to build better belays and top-rope ice anchors
- Learn stance and rope management techniques
- Advance your lead climbing strategies
- Learn how and when to retreat from an ice climb
Students should be familiar with rock climbing protection and be able to build a solid rock anchor. Rock climbing lead experience is helpful but not required. Must feel comfortable on WI3-3+ on top-rope.
8:00am - 4:00pm